This Policy was last modified on February 14, 2016.
By visiting the Site, or using any of our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service , including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. Our Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
The Information We Collect About You
Information We Collect Directly From You. The type of information that we collect from you depends on your interaction with our Site and your use of our Services. For example, certain areas of our Site, such as video or audio conferences with a live financial professional, uploading documents, and tax filing, among others, require registration. To register, we will collect your name and an email address. If you pay for financial services through our Site (including tax preparation services), we also will collect payment information (e.g., credit card number and billing address). As you use our Site and our Services, you also have the option of uploading various documents relevant to the preparation of your tax return. We also will collect information from you if you choose to complete a survey, request information from us, or otherwise contact us.
The financial services (including tax preparation) available on our Site are provided by our own employees as well as independent financial professionals. In either case, we will have access to any information that you upload to the Site, even if your return/advice is prepared/given by an independent financial professional. Please see below for our use of your information.
Information that We Collect About You from Social Networking Sites. You also may log into our Site through Facebook or LinkedIn. If you log into our Site through Facebook or LinkedIn, we will request your permission to have access to your basic information (this includes your name, profile picture, email address, and any other information you have set to public on your Facebook or LinkedIn account). We store the information that we receive from Facebook and LinkedIn with other information that we collect from you or receive about you.
Information We Collect Automatically. We automatically collect the following information about your use of our Site or Services through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you view; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site and or use our Services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site. Please see the section “Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms” below for more information.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide our Site and our Services to you, including, without limitation, to connect you with a live financial professional, to enable you to upload documents, to schedule an appointment, to file taxes, to pay for services, and for all other Services available through our Site
- To communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Site or our Services.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use any information that you provide to us to send you (including via email, direct mail, online, and other means) news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or services we think may interest you, including our own products and third party products.
- We also use the information we collect about you in the aggregate and on a de-identified basis[jk323985] for assisting us in advertising on third party websites.
- For quality assurance purposes. Specifically, we will conduct periodic reviews of our financial professionals and may use any of the information that you have provided to conduct the review.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, to improve our Site and Services and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes.
- To administer our customer loyalty program.
- For other purposes for which we may seek your consent or notify you from time to time.
How We Share Your Information
We may share the information that we collect about you, including your personal information (collectively, “information”), as follows:.
- Financial Professionals. On our Site, we connect you with financial professionals, which may or may not be employed by us. In doing so, we share your profile with the financial professional. If you choose to work with that financial professional (i.e., to prepare your tax return or provide other guidance), the financial professional will obtain any information that you choose to provide to it (i.e., any information necessary to prepare your tax return or provide the financial advice). Please note that even if the financial professional is independent, we will retain a copy of the information that you upload.
- Affiliates. We may share your information with our affiliates, which may use your information for marketing purposes.
- Non-Affiliated Third Parties. We may share your information with non-affiliated third parties that we think may offer products and services that will be of interest to you. These third parties may market their own products and services to you. Please see our Special Notice to California Consumers below.
- Facebook Users. If you “like” us through Facebook, our icon will appear on your Facebook page. If you log into our Site using Facebook, we also send you email.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents that perform functions on our behalf.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties to assist us in our marketing, advertising, research, or other purposes.
Cookies and Other Tracking Mechanisms
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Service. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser or turn off your computer. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you have closed your browser or turned off your computer. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, and to display advertising both on our Site and on third-party sites.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Local Storage Objects. We may use Flash Local Storage Objects (“Flash LSOs”) to store your Site preferences and to personalize your visit. Flash LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. Typically, you cannot control, delete, or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs through your web browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, or to learn how to manage your settings for Flash LSOs, go to the Adobe Flash Player Help Page, choose “Global Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions. To see the Flash LSOs currently on your computer, choose “Website Storage Settings Panel” and follow the instructions to review and, if you choose, to delete any specific Flash LSO.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with our Site to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our third party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
You may opt-out of many third-party ad networks, including those operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). For more information regarding this practice by NAI members and DAA members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including how to opt-out of third-party ad networks operated by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites: www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp (NAI) and www.aboutads.info/choices (DAA).
Opting out of one or more NAI member or DAA member networks (many of which will be the same) only means that those members no longer will deliver targeted content or ads to you. Even if you opt-out, you may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing. If your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you visit this opt-out page, or you subsequently erase your cookies, use a different computer or change web browsers, your NAI or DAA opt-out may no longer be effective.
User Generated Content
We invite you to post content on our Site, including your comments, pictures, and any other information that you would like to be available on our Site. If you post content to our Site, all of the information that you post will be available to all visitors to our Site. If you post your own content on our Site or Services, your posting may become public and Company cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Access To My Personal Information
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site for a period of time.
Special Notice to California Residents
California residents may request a list of certain third parties to which we have disclosed personally identifiable information about you for their own direct marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow up to thirty (30) days for a response.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
We may send periodic promotional or informational emails to you. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us.
Children Under 13
Our Services are not designed for children under 13. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at email@example.com.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site, at www.letslivewire.pro/privacy-policy. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site.